Noun: a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
Verb: freely offer to do something.
While you just read Webster’s definition of volunteer, ours is much different.
Volunteer = the backbone of our organization. That is right, we cannot do what we do without the wonderful generosity of so many good people.
You can help us “feed the need” in a variety of ways.
Nothing says you care quite like giving someone your time and attention.
- Come out and help us serve at a variety of compassionate feeding events.
- Build your own “volunteer tribe” and bring them all out
- Organize a Donation Drive… while we prefer fresh food only, high quality organic canned items are accepted. Other items of need include disposable serving supplies, cleaning supplies and office supplies
- Become an advocate and help us raise awareness at your work, school, church or social media circles.
Are you skilled or talented? If so we can put it to good use.
- Can you repair a truck, fix a computer, build a website?
- Do you have marketing or PR skills?
- Do you like to cook?
- Are you good with numbers & accounting?
- Are you creative or like to write?
In short we are running a business, a nonprofit, yet still a business and our needs are varied and long. We would love to engage you and your skill.
For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also and nothing shows you care quite like sharing your treasure.
- Donate to Bracken’s Kitchen. A dollar will provide the food for dinner for 2 people.
- Invite a friend to support us. Imagine the good we can do if everyone in your circle of friends just gave a dollar.
- Corral your friends to adopt and sponsor a dinner service.
- Catering For A Cause: Hire us to handle your catering needs.
If you would like to volunteer with us please click here to fill out our contact form. Please provide us as much information as you can so we will know best how to get you plugged in.
“The surest way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others”.